jaxens mommy

Bio: tattooed stretched lobed dyke grunge beat poet pro-choice, pagan, democrat, soccer mom.. who votes.. >;) doing my best to piss off the radical right... ...which is very, VERY wrong.. ...Hate is not a family value..

20010803

There is something to be said for working 16 hours non-stop nights, and then come home and have a few beers .. you can see everything clearly, and it all makes sense..
everything except for this summers' movie offerings.
But then again, you have only to look back and think that this is the culture who NEEDED to have a pet rock or a bunch of animal shaped bean bags www.badfads.com ..
Americans are by nature, a culture of rubberneckers...can you deny that??
We will always stop to see something that makes us feel better about our self-imposed positions in society. Whether it be a disfiguring car accident, or a supid mistake that gets someone called on the carpet at work..
I have to believe this, as it is the only thing that can possibly explain the summer boxoffice results.
We have offerings by major directors/franchises and then we get bad reviews, and we get a huge box office response?!?
What is that?? People interested in seeing other people screwing up? Or interest in seeing TERRIBLE movies?
So,
I am a participant of this.
I have seen AI, I have seen Jurrasic Park III, I have seen Planet of the Apes.
What the hell was I thinking?
In a season that has seen a rise in movie ticket prices.
Who knows, I could blame it on the lack of sleep, or I could blame it on a Breeding frenzy in the greater Albany NY area that has set the census at work at an all time high that keeps me hopping at work...
I read the original short story that AI was loosly based upon, I read Planet of the Apes, and what ever Crichton has put out.. so of course I was ripe fodder..
But..
I feel ripped off.
Is the the best that we have to offer?
I am just climbing in bed with the latest Chuck Palahniuk novel and hoping that he can write faster..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home